Make a List of Your Accomplishments
We all have to-do list filled with all of the things that we need to get done. How about creating a list of all the things we’ve already accomplished?
Everyone should keep a running list of their accomplishments. This has numerous benefits, including the following:
- It will remind you of how much you’ve achieved.
- It will keep how capable and valuable you are at the forefront of your awareness.
- It will help you to feel pride and admiration for yourself.
- Feeling good about yourself will certainly help you to love yourself more.
See Yourself Through the Eyes of Someone Who Loves You
Think of someone who loves you—this can be your spouse, your child, your best friend, or an admirer. Picture that person standing there, looking at you.
- What do they see?
- How would they describe you?
- What would they say they appreciate about you?
- What would they say makes you a great friend, romantic partner, parent, and so on?
- Why do they love you?
This exercise will allow you to focus on your good points, instead of dismissing them or taking them from granted. It will also help you realize how much there is in you to love.
If There’s Something You Don’t Like About Yourself, Change It
If there’s something you don’t like about somebody else, there’s very little you can do about it. However, if there’s something you don’t like about yourself, you can change it.
Fall in Love With Yourself by Working on Your Self-Trust
If you’re with someone and that person is constantly lying to you and letting you down, how much love would you feel toward that person? Probably not much. However, we do these things to ourselves all the time.
To be able to fully love yourself you have to know that you can trust yourself. You can increase your self-trust by doing the following:
- Remember past instances when you’ve come through for yourself. Have retrievable memories of experiences where you were able to rely on yourself to handle a difficult situation.
- Keep your promises to yourself. When you set a goal, follow through with it.
- Trust your own judgment. When you have a decision to make, you can ask others for their input. However, at the end of the day do what you think is right, even if it goes against what others think you should do.
- Stop arguing against yourself. Stop highlighting your flaws and limitations. Stop selling yourself short.
- Bet on yourself. Back your own plan.
The more you trust yourself—the more you realize that you will always have your back–the more you can love yourself.
Fall in love with yourself by making sure you can rely on yourself!